Date: 3 to 6 April 2018
Venue: Caldecotte Xperience, Milton Keynes
Age: 14 to 17 years
Cost: £40 (includes all activities and meals, except one night when we will eat at a nearby pub)
Closing Date: 20 February 2018
VICTA is excited to be teaming up with the Albinism Fellowship, a sociable organisation providing information, advice and support for people with albinism and their families. Together, we are running a youth break in April for young people aged 14 to 17 years at the Caldecotte Xperience, an activity centre in Milton Keynes. The Caldecotte Xperience offers a variety of exciting adventure activities and learning experiences for young people. The break should be action packed with activities such as zorbing, canoeing, sailing, climbing, bush-craft and more.
The young people will be fully involved in the break, helping to prepare meals and staying in the outdoor yurts – a modern camping experience complete with bathrooms and electricity!
There will be plenty of opportunities to socialise with a pizza night, down-time and a fun, varied and exciting few days. The contribution required towards this break is £40.00 and will cover main meals, accommodation and all of the activities. We will be eating out one evening so spending money will be required to cover this meal.
- A great opportunity to meet other young people your age with Albinism
- Grow in confidence through challenging outdoor pursuits
- Practice some basic cooking skills
- Develop your teamwork skills
- Increase your mobility and independence skills
- Gain all of this while having a fun weekend in a supportive, encouraging environment
Who can apply?
You must be:
- Blind or partially sighted and have Albinism
- Aged 14-17 years old when the activity takes place
- Willing and physically able to take part in set outdoor activities designed as a group
- Able to maintain your own personal hygiene
To apply please complete the online application form found below. You must also download and complete a parent consent form for each young person attending. Completed consent forms can be sent by post, email or as an attachment on the form below.
Post: VICTA, 5 Douglas House, 32-34 Simpson Road, Fenny Stratford, Milton Keynes, MK1 1BA.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.Download the parent consent form