VICTA support children and young people who are blind or partially sighted by providing equipment to aid their visual impairment.
VICTA grant guidelines
Applications will be considered for children and young people who are registered or are register-able blind or partially sighted up to and including the age of 29 years and who are permanent residents in the UK. All items supplied through our grant scheme are for home use only (not for school or college).
All applications are independently reviewed by our trustees and outcomes will be notified in writing. No outcomes will be given over the telephone.
Successful applicants will be asked for a contribution towards the grant.
- Only one grant will be awarded to an applicant within a two year period
- iPads will only be considered for children over the age of 11 years
- Computers and/or software will only be considered for children over the age of 8 years
- Computers will only be given once before the age of sixteen and once after, and there must be a 5 year gap between the grants
- Braille Note takers will only be considered for children over the age of 11 years
- Only one Braille Note taker will be supplied to any one applicant
Items not covered under the VICTA grant scheme
- Mobile telephones
- Household white goods
- Building or garden maintenance
- Travel costs to and from school/college or hospital appointments
- Funding for respite care
- Funding for child care
- Family holidays
- Payment towards maintenance, insurance or extended warranties
- Equipment /software training
- Wheelchairs or other equipment which is not specifically to support the child’s/young person’s visual impairment
All grants are dependent on available funding.
We have recently updated our application process to make it even easier to apply for a Grant. You can download everything you need to apply by following the links below: