Who: 18 to 29 years
When: 2 to 7 December 2018
Location: Berlin, Germany
Closing date: Monday 3 September 2018
VICTA says ‘guten tag’ to the historic city of Berlin this Christmas. Leaving from Luton Airport on Sunday afternoon, we will enjoy five days in a city world-renowned for its festive markets and fascinating history.
A guided tour of the city will take us past some of Berlin’s famous landmarks including the Brandenburg Gate, Checkpoint Charlie and the remains of the Berlin Wall. We will also explore the Christmas markets, try some local delicacies and discover Berlin’s ‘hidden gems’.
Applications are open now via the form below, please apply before the closing date on Monday 3 September 2018. For more information call 01908 240831 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Explore the culture and history of a city at Christmas time renowned for its love of the festivities
- A great opportunity to meet other visually impaired people your age
- Grow in confidence through semi-independent international travel
- Increase your mobility and independence skills
- A chance to learn and practice some basic German
- Gain all of this while having a fun trip in a supportive, encouraging environment
Who can apply?
You must be:
- Blind or partially sighted
- At least 18 years old on 2 December 2018
- Aged 29 or under on 7 December 2018
- Willing and physically able to take part in walking tours over uneven ground, including steps
- Able to maintain your own personal hygiene
- Have attended a previous UK based VICTA activity