Who: 18 to 29 year olds
When: 28 September to 1 October 2018
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Closing date: 9 July 2018
VICTA is off on a fabulous cultural city break to Edinburgh! Scotland’s capital has so much to offer from quaint winding alleyways, to the majestic Edinburgh Castle, and the bustling Royal Mile. You will need your walking feet with you on this trip as we will explore the city’s hilly streets, taking in its famous sites and experience a taste of Scottish culture.
Our group will fly from Stansted Airport on Friday 28th September and the rest of the day will be spent travelling, enjoying some free time and settling in to our hotel. On Saturday morning we will be taken for a tour of the Scottish Parliament, a stunning example of modern architecture at the foot of the Royal Mile. After a hog roast lunch we will then be treated to a walking tour complete with a Whisky and Scottish food taster.
The following day we will head to the palace of Holyroodhouse. After a historical and sensory tour we will recoup with a lunch break before exploring the National Museum of Scotland for a tour and workshop.
Departure will be the following day, returning back to Stansted Airport. Flights, accommodation, breakfast and all organised activities will be included in the cost. Attendees will be require to bring spending money to cover lunch, dinner and drinks throughout the trip.
This should be a fascinating trip steeped in history and will be a great chance to discover all Edinburgh has to offer whilst meeting other young people your own age.
- A great opportunity to meet other visually impaired people your age
- Increase your mobility and independence skills
- Experience Scottish history and culture hands-on
- Gain all of this while having a fun trip in a supportive, encouraging environment
Who can apply?
You must be:
- Blind or partially sighted
- At least 18 years old on 28 September 2018
- Aged 29 or under on 28 September 2018
- Willing and physically able to take part in walking tours over uneven ground, including hills and steps
- Able to maintain your own personal hygiene