Who: 18 to 29 year olds
When: Saturday 9th February 2019
Location: Stratford Circus Arts Centre, Theatre Square, London E15 1BX
Cost: £5 to 10 (TBC)
VICTA is teaming up with Extant, Britain’s leading professional performing arts company of visually impaired people, to provide a workshop day for 18 to 29 year olds on Saturday 9 February, 10.30am to 12.00pm. The theatre workshop is based on Extant’s professional work ‘Flight Paths’. Find out more about ‘Flight Paths’ here >
Our group will attend a workshop based around the production before watching the show in the afternoon. The professional performance is at 2pm and prior to this is a touch tour. There will be time to have lunch and socialise in the cafe after the workshop and before the touch tour.
Please note, no VICTA staff or volunteers will be present on the day.
- A great opportunity to meet other visually impaired young people
- Experience a taster of the performing arts industry
- Increase your mobility and independence skills
- Having a fun day in a supportive, encouraging environment
Who can apply?
You must be:
- Registered or registrable blind or partially sighted
- At least 18 on 9th February 2019
- Aged 29 or under on 9th February 2019
- Willing and physically able to take part in performing and physical theatre
- Able to maintain your own personal hygiene
- Able to independently take medication (if applicable)
To apply for a place on this activity, please complete the online application form below.