Who: 16 to 22 years
When: 22 to 31 July 2019
Location: RNC, Hereford, UK
Closing date: 5 April 2019
The 25th edition of the International Camp on Communication and Computers will take place at the Royal National College for the Blind, Hereford, this summer.
This is a unique opportunity to learn how Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and Assistive Technologies (AT) can enrich the lives of people who are blind or partially sighted. There will also be insightful and career-boosting workshops focussed around CV writing, presentation skills and interview technique. In addition to technology based sessions, the itinerary in previous years has also included hands-on skill based workshops such as dance, drama, music, goalball and cooking.
Students from all over Europe will also enjoy plenty of intercultural activities, communication and networking, planning for future studying and job integration, fun and leisure time activities.
VICTA are subsidising this trip and all we ask for is a contribution of £350, this will cover accommodation, food and entrance to ICC. Attendees may wish to bring some extra spending money for souvenirs and there is also a cafe/bar on site. If you are offered a place on this activity, a non-refundable deposit of £200 will be required for payment by 3rd May 2019 to secure your place.
- A great opportunity to meet other visually impaired people your age from all over Europe
- Strengthen your IT skills
- Develop your employability skills
- Increase your mobility and independence skills
- An opportunity to network with professionals from across Europe
- Gain all of this while having a fun trip in a supportive, encouraging environment
Who can apply?
You must be:
- Registered or registrable blind or partially sighted
- At least 16 years old on 22 July 2019
- Aged 22 or under on 31 July 2019
- Able to maintain your own personal hygiene
- Able to independently take medication (if applicable)