Date: 7 to 13 October 2019
Location: Flying from London Gatwick to Lanzarote
Age: 18 to 29 years
Contribution break down: Deposit £100 due 8 July 2019; £150 due 5 August 2019; £150 due 2 September 2019
Application closing date: Friday 31 May 2019
We are excited to announce applications are now open for our 18+ trip to Lanzarote. Join the VICTA team and specialist travel company Seable for an international cultural adventure to this incredible volcanic Island. Discover the stark and breath-taking landscape, from green palm-filled valleys to surreal lava fields and explosive black lava caves.
Our adventure will start with a visit to the famous “Los Hervideros” lava caves and natural salt caves. This coastal area sees waves force water into the labyrinth caves with such a dramatic power it appears as if the sea is bubbling and boiling. After becoming immersed in the magnificent power of nature, we will settle down in Porto del Carmen for an authentic Spanish paella and a chance to explore the Island on a tandem bicycle.
The next adventure will take the group to Timanfaya for a hike in between the craters of the spectacular volcanic landscape. Timanfaya National Park covers an impressive quarter of the island. Although most of the volcanic eruptions took place nearly 300 years ago, Lanzarote’s dry climate means that the volcanic landscape is relatively unchanged since that time.
After a busy excursion day, the last couple of days will involve a more relaxed approach, exploring the El Cuervo area by horse, eating lunch locally, and sampling some of the famous grapes that grow in the lava soil. Our final exploration will finish with a morning of kayaking and snorkelling and a last free afternoon at the beach.
If you would like to explore Lanzarote with VICTA and other young adults your own age, please apply via the form below.
- Great opportunity to meet other visually impaired young people your own age.
- Grow in confidence through semi-independent travel
- To explore and become immersed in the Lanzarote landscape and culture
- Increase your mobility and independence skills
- Gain all of this while having a fun trip in a supportive, encouraging environment
- Foster and develop leadership skills
- To accelerate new friendships
- To enhance own confidence and trust with other individuals
Who can apply?
You must be:
- Blind or partially sighted
- At least 18 years old on 7 October 2019
- Aged 29 or under on 7 October 2019
- Willing and physically able to take part in excursions most days on the trip
- Able to maintain your own personal hygiene
- Able to independently take medication (if applicable)
- Have previously attended a VICTA UK residential trip