VICTA/RNIB grant criteria
RNIB and VICTA are working together to support children and young people who are blind or partially sighted to study with greater independence using technology.
If you are registered blind or partially sighted and a UK resident you could be eligible for an Apple iPad Air 2 (32GB) and/or an Orbit Reader 20 for Braille users.
VICTA/RNIB grant guidelines
Applications will be considered for children (under the age of 18) and young people (under the age of 25) who are registered or are registrable blind or partially sighted and are permanent residents in the UK.
The Apple iPad Air 2 (32GB) is available to those aged between 11 and 25 years, and the Orbit Reader 20 is available to those aged between 8 and 29 years.
Please note, the iPad is supplied as WiFi only and does not come with insurance cover. We cannot specify colours and you can purchase a case from any retailer at your own cost that suits your requirement.
All applications are independently reviewed by VICTA Trustees and outcomes will be notified in writing. No outcomes will be given over the telephone.
Successful applicants will be asked to pay £40 toward the cost of the iPad and £40 toward the cost of the Orbit Reader – these are one-off charges to cover VICTA’s administration costs.
- Only one iPad will be granted to any one applicant
- Only one Orbit Reader 20 will be granted to any one applicant
- iPads will only be considered for those aged between 11 and 25 years
- Orbit Reader 20s will only be considered for those aged between 8 and 29 years
- Product(s) will not be released until the contribution has been paid in full
- The product grant is subject to availability even after an individual is approved
- Approved applicants may have to enter into a separate agreement with RNIB regarding the product(s)
- Applicants must be registered or registrable blind or partially sighted and a UK resident
Applications can be made through our online form or by downloading the Word version and sending it by post.
To apply by post
If returning the form by post, it should be signed, if being sent via email the applicant/parent/guardian (as applicable) should tick the box to indicate that they agree to the terms and conditions. If you have any queries about completing this form please contact us on: 01908 240831 or email@example.com
To apply online
Please complete the following form. Supporting documents can be posted to VICTA, 5 Douglas House, 32-34 Simpson Road, Fenny Stratford, Milton Keynes, MK1 1BA or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply online
Please complete the online application form below.