Who: 18 to 29 years
When: 9 to 14 August 2019
Location: Peak District, England (staying at YHA Alstonefield)
Closing date: Friday 17 May 2019
Join VICTA as we team up with the Peak District National Park this summer. As well as enjoying plenty of time outdoors in the English summer sunshine, you will actively contribute to the diverse range of environmental and conservation projects that maintain the upkeep of one of the UK’s most popular and important destinations, earning your John Muir Discovery Award in the process.
You will also spend a day out at an outdoor adventure centre taking part in fun activities like climbing, rambling, canoeing and kayaking around the Peak District!
Make a positive environmental impact to a UK National Park, try new activities with new friends and earn an award all at the same time.
All participants are expected to make their own travel arrangements to and from the meeting points at the start and end of the trip.
- Earn your John Muir Discovery Award which can be added onto your CV
- If you have already completed your John Muir Discovery Award join us for the adventure!
- Take part in a range of diverse conservation and environmental projects
- A great opportunity to meet other visually impaired people your age
- Grow in confidence through semi-independent travel
- Increase your mobility and independence skills
- Gain all of this while having a fun trip in a supportive, encouraging environment
Who can apply?
You must be:
- Blind or partially sighted
- At least 18 years old on 9 August 2019
- Aged 29 or under on 14 August 2019
- Willing and physically able to undertake in tasks that will lead you towards obtaining the John Muir Discovery Award.
- Able to maintain your own personal hygiene
- Able to independently take medication (if applicable)
If you would like to apply to attend, please complete the online application form below.