Date: 2 to 8 June 2019
Location: Flying from London Stansted to Ljubljana, Slovenia. Travelling around surrounding area and mountains
Age: 18 to 29 years
Contribution break down: Deposit £100 due 15 March; £150 due 5 April; £150 due 3 May
Join VICTA on an international cultural adventure to the beautiful country of Slovenia. We will be touring with Seable holidays who know just where to discover all of Slovenia’s hidden gems.
Our first stop will be the capital city, Ljubliana, a enticing blend of plentiful green spaces and historical architecture. A guided tour will help us to explore the city, with stops at the hill-top castle and a traditional chocolate shop for a mandatory taste test!
Our group has been invited to meet with a local homeless charity, ‘Invisible Ljubljana’, who will provide us with a hidden city tour. Before we leave Ljubliana we will stop at a school for the blind and gain a unique opportunity to make cultural connections.
After fully exploring the city we will travel to the Julian Alps and take a cable car up high on Mount Vogel. Once up there we will enjoy the atmosphere and surroundings before taking part in an exhilarating zip line!
Once back on level ground our tour will take us to Lake Bohinj, Slovenia’s largest lake where we will enjoy a spot of rest and recuperation from our city and mountain adventures.
It won’t all be resting though with opportunities to get involved in canoeing, hiking, yoga and meditation! Our final taste of local culture will be a visit to a local cheese farm.
If you would like to explore Slovenia with VICTA and other young adults your own age, please apply via the form below.
- Great opportunity to meet other visually impaired young people from our own and another country
- Grow in confidence through semi-independent travel
- To support a homeless charity in Slovenia
- Increase your mobility and independence skills
- Gain all of this while having a fun trip in a supportive, encouraging environment
- Foster and develop leadership skills
- To accelerate new friendships
- To build positive interaction with each other
- To enhance own confidence and trust with other individuals
Who can apply?
You must be:
- Blind or partially sighted
- At least 18 years old on 2 June 2019
- Aged 29 or under on 8 June 2019
- Willing and physically able to take part in excursions most days of the trip
- Able to maintain your own personal hygiene
- Able to independently take medication (if applicable)