Date: 2 to 8 June 2019
Location: Flying from London Stansted to Ljubljana, Slovenia. Travelling around surrounding area and mountains
Age: 18 to 29 years
Contribution break down: Deposit £100 due 8 March; £150 due 29th March; £150 due 26th April
Closing Date: Friday 22 February 2019
VICTA is looking for young adults (18 to 29) to travel to Slovenia with Seable. We will begin the trip within Slovenia’s capital city, Ljubliana. We will explore the city with a guided tour, making sure we stop off at the castle which has been standing on a hill above the city for 900 years. As well as a chocolate shop there will be an opportunity to taste some of Slovenia’s finest chocolate. We will then be meeting with a local homeless charity, ‘Invisible Ljubljana’, who will provide us with a hidden city tour. Before we leave Ljubliana we will stop at a school for the blind, a school which works with visually impaired children and young people from pre-school through to 15+ education.
On phase two we will be travelling to Vogel and catching the cable car to Mountain Vogel, where we will take part in an exhilarating zip line activity and a chairlift ride to the top.
Phase 3 will take us to Lake Bohinj for rest and recuperation from our city and mountain adventures. There will be opportunities to get involved in canoeing, hiking, yoga and meditation and a visit to a local cheese farm.
- Great opportunity to meet other visually impaired young people from our own and another country
- Grow in confidence through semi-independent travel
- To support a homeless charity in Slovenia
- Increase your mobility and independence skills
- Gain all of this while having a fun trip in a supportive, encouraging environment
- Foster and develop leadership skills
- To accelerate new friendships
- To build positive interaction with each other
- To enhance own confidence and trust with other individuals
Who can apply?
You must be:
- Blind or partially sighted
- At least 18 years old on 2 June 2019
- Aged 29 or under on 8 June 2019
- Willing and physically able to take part in excursions most days of the trip
- Able to maintain your own personal hygiene
- Able to independently take medication (if applicable)