VICTA is looking for 14-17 year olds who would like to spend their October half term exploring the city of Bilbao, while gaining a Discover Arts Award. We will visit one of Spain’s largest arts museums, the ‘Guggenheim Bilbao’, for a hands-on tour in which you will learn about the spectacular building and the contemporary artists it exhibits. As well as visiting this fantastic museum, you will also have a go at creating your own artwork with the support of the resident artists at the Guggenheim.
A VICTA international trip would not be complete without trying some of the local food and exploring local cultural hotspots.
As ever, you will have an action-packed week of fun and exploration, not only trying new foods and testing your nerve up the Fenicular De Artxanda but meeting new people too. VICTA trips are a great way to gain international travel skills with the support of VICTA staff and volunteers.
Please note: we will be meeting on the evening of 25 October at the Hilton, Gatwick Airport due to an early morning flight on 26 October.
- A great opportunity to meet other visually impaired young people
- Grow in confidence
- Explore a world-renowned art museum and learn about the artists it exhibits
- Gain a Discover Arts Award
- Develop new and existing skills such as teamwork, communication and problem solving
- Increase your mobility and independence skills
- To accelerate new friendships
- Gain all of this while having a fun week in a supportive, encouraging environment
Who can apply?
You must be:
- Registered or registrable blind or partially sighted
- At least 14 on 26th October 2020
- Aged 17 or under on 30th October 2020
- Willing and physically able to explore a city and take part in set activities designed as a group
- Able to maintain your own personal hygiene
- Able to independently take medication (if applicable)