Join VICTA on a cultural and eco friendly trip to Bristol, where we will be getting fully submerged in the extensive culture that Bristol has to offer.
We will be starting our Bristol sensory adventure with a caffeine-fuelled celebration by attending The Coffee House Project Festival (CHP). The CHP is a festival which focuses on local, artisan roasters, independent food and drink retailers and home-grown baristas. With up to 50 exhibitors, workshops and talks you are sure to get your coffee fix! After stopping for a spot of lunch in Castle Park we will head to Bristol Zoo for a unique animal encounter.
Sunday will take us to the start of the environmental aspect of the trip where we will support the Bristol Harbour Office to clean up the harbour in the morning. In the afternoon we will get involved in the trendy side of Bristol, from cutting edge art galleries and independent cinemas, restaurants and bars, some marvellous markets and top-notch themed tours.
Finally, our last morning will be spent having a break from the hustle and bustle of the city at Windmill Farm. At the farm we will become actively involved in farm life, from the grazing animals to exploring the garden’s green space.
All participants are expected to make their own travel arrangements to and from the meeting points at the start and end of the trip.
- Opportunity to volunteer on a community project (inner city farm)
- Immerse yourself in the culture that Bristol has to offer
- Take part in an environmentally friendly initiative (helping to clean Bristol harbour)
- A great opportunity to meet other visually impaired people your age
- Grow in confidence through semi-independent travel
- Increase your mobility and independence skills
- Gain all of this while having a fun trip in a supportive, encouraging environment
Who can apply?
You must be:
- Blind or partially sighted
- At least 18 years old on 6 September 2019
- Aged 29 or under on 9 September 2019
- Willing and physically able to take part in a harbour clean-up and volunteering on an inner-city farm
- Able to maintain your own personal hygiene
- Able to independently take medication (if applicable)