Sorry, this activity is now closed for applications.
This October half term, discover your potential with VICTA by taking part in a series of fun and exciting individual and group challenges that will test your communication, teamwork, leadership and problem solving skills. You will be supported all week to explore your talents and achievements and get the opportunity to ‘sell yourself’ in an interview scenario at the end.
This promises to be a fun and busy few days focusing on your own personal development as you begin your journey into the world of further education and first time employment opportunities.
An ideal setting to meet other young people of a similar age group, you will also have the opportunity to develop independence and life skills. Staying in a communal yurt village, key parts of the day such as meal times will depend on the group working together to ensure everyone eats each day – no pizza deliveries on speed dial!
- Start your journey of personal development, independence and skill growth
- Develop new and existing skills such as teamwork, communication and problem solving
- Increase your mobility and independence skills
- Gain all of this while having a fun weekend in a supportive, encouraging environment
Who can apply?
You must be:
- Registered or registrable blind or partially sighted
- At least 14 on 29th October 2019
- Aged 17 or under on 1st November 2019
- Willing and physically able to take part in outdoor activities designed as a group
- Able to maintain your own personal hygiene
- Able to independently take medication (if applicable)
- We want all children and young people to have the opportunity to benefit from VICTA activities, if you are experiencing financial hardship please call us to discuss the options