Will you be studying for exams this year? The exam period can become a stressful and daunting time for all involved.
Join VICTA at Magdalen Farm, Somerset to refresh your mind in the beautiful countryside, from the 132-acre organic farm on the banks of the River Axe to the crashing waves on the North Coast, we will embrace it all. Revision time will be built into the activity programme in which you can revise in the best way that suits you, whether this is in a quiet room at a desk to yourself or in a group session with peers. We will also have some ex-teachers who will be around to help where needed.
This activity is a great opportunity to meet other young people of a similar age group. Everyone will get stuck into farm life together – helping on the farm, clearing out the chicken coop and collecting eggs.
Exercise, revising with friends and taking your studies outside are three ways that VICTA can help you this April! We have taken inspiration from BBC Bitesize, who have outlined 5 top tips to ensure you soak up all the information you need to make your revision more effective https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zr4g6v4.
Combining activity, country air and some concentrated revision time might make your exam preparation just that a little bit easier!
- Start or develop your journey of personal development, independence and skill growth
- Revitalise your revision in the Somerset countryside
- Develop art skills to gain an Arts Award Discover – an introductory award
- Develop new and existing skills such as teamwork, communication and problem solving
- Increase your mobility and independence skills
- Gain all of this while having a fun weekend in a supportive, encouraging environment
Who can apply?
- Registered or registrable blind or partially sighted
- At least 14 on 14th April 2020
- Aged 17 or under on 17th April 2020
- Willing and physically able to take part in outdoor activities designed as a group
- Able to maintain your own personal hygiene
- Able to independently take medication (if applicable)
- We want all children and young people to have the opportunity to benefit from VICTA activities, if you are experiencing financial hardship please call us to discuss the options