Have you ever wondered what goes on behind the scenes at the Natural History Museum? If you are aged between 10 to 13 years, now is your opportunity to find out.
Once your parents have dropped you off with the VICTA team, you will spend the day exploring behind the scenes at the Natural History Museum. Together we will discover what the museum has to offer and you will have the opportunity to get hands on with some of the specimens from insects to giant squid tentacles. Just think of all the amazing things you’ll be able to tell your parents when they pick you up!
This will be a fun, interactive day and the ideal setting to meet and share experiences with other young people of a similar age group and share experiences.
- A great opportunity to meet other visually impaired young people
- Learn what goes on behind the scenes at one of the UK’s top museums
- Grow in confidence
- Develop new and existing skills such as teamwork, communication and problem solving
- Increase your mobility and independence skills
- Gain all of this while having a fun weekend in a supportive, encouraging environment
Who can apply?
You must be:
- Registered or registrable blind or partially sighted
- At least 10 on 21st February 2020
- Aged 13 or under on 21st February 2020
- Willing and physically able to take part in a day at the museum
- Able to maintain your own personal hygiene
- Able to independently take medication (if applicable)