Sorry, this activity has now closed for applications.
Join VICTA and the LIoP in trendy Brick Lane, East London, an area now extremely popular with London’s edgy and artistic crowd, to learn how to take stunningly creative photographs in your own signature style.
During the day you will be inspired by professional photographers to explore the key elements of lighting, composition and styling. You’ll learn how to create a series of photographs inspired by the constantly changing street art at Brick Lane, as well as conducting your own still life shoot on location in the studio – The Old Truman Brewery. The second stage of the course will take you through the process of post-production and how to make your photos print ready.
When not immersed in the camera you will explore the culture and atmosphere that London has to offer. From its many tourist sights to cutting edge art galleries, restaurants and bars.
On Saturday, we will leave the city to head to Caldecotte Lake, Milton Keynes, for VICTA’s annual firework party! The activity will end Sunday morning at Caldecotte Lake.
Within the cost of the course you will take home a 1m by 2m printed banner displaying your fabulous photos. Plus, you will gain the Arts Award Explore qualification – an entry level 3 award.
All participants are expected to make their own travel arrangements to and from the meeting points at the start and end of the trip
- Opportunity to develop photography skills – taking photos and post production
- Complete an Arts Award Explore Qualification
- Take away a 1m by 2m banner of your printed photos
- Immerse yourself in the culture that London has to offer
- A great opportunity to meet other visually impaired people your age
- Grow in confidence through semi-independent travel
- Increase your mobility and independence skills
- Gain all of this while having a fun trip in a supportive, encouraging environment
Who can apply?
You must be:
- Registered or registrable blind or partially sighted
- At least 18 years old on 6 September 2019
- Aged 29 or under on 9 September 2019
- Willing and physically able to take part in a busy course in London
- Able to maintain your own personal hygiene