Sorry, this activity has now closed for applications.
Join VICTA this December as we travel to the breath-taking city of Prague, in the Czech Republic.
Known as the ‘City of a Hundred Spires’ the streets of Prague offer centuries of historical architecture including the world’s oldest working astronomical clock and the world’s largest castle complex. The famous Charles Bridge is uniquely adorned with 30 statues, each dedicated to a different saint and Czech writer Franz Kafka.
Visiting in December will provide us with the perfect opportunity to explore the traditional Christmas markets located in the vibrant Old Town Square. There will be plenty of rich tastes and smells for us to indulge in! A visit wouldn’t be complete without heading to the bustling commercial centre of Prague, Wenceslas Square.
This is a truly picturesque and historical city so if you would like to explore it with VICTA and other young adults your own age.
- Great opportunity to meet other visually impaired young adults your own age.
- Grow in confidence through semi-independent travel
- To explore and become immersed in the Czech landscape and culture
- Increase your mobility and independence skills
- Gain all of this while having a fun trip in a supportive, encouraging environment
- Foster and develop leadership skills
- To accelerate new friendships
- To enhance own confidence and trust with other individuals
Who can apply?
You must be:
- Blind or partially sighted
- At least 18 years old on 2 December 2019
- Aged 29 or under on 7 December 2019
- Willing and physically able to take part in excursions most days on the trip
- Able to maintain your own personal hygiene
- Able to independently take medication (if applicable)
- Have previously attended a VICTA UK residential trip