Please note, this activity has been postponed and we will update the information once a new date has been confirmed.
Join VICTA for a sleepover!
As well as taking part in lots of fun and exciting activities such as sensory art, sporty games and access to the New College Worcester (NCW) youth club (air hockey, Lego, musical instruments, pool table and more), your child will also meet lots of new people and make new friends.
With the support of the independent living skills team at NCW, your child will have a go at cooking and helping out with making lunch and dinner (including food prep and washing up). The NCW team will also provide support in developing other key skills.
We appreciate that growing up with sight loss can bring practical, emotional and social challenges. Our pre-teen activities are designed to provide hands-on learning in fun, safe and supportive environments.
- A great opportunity to meet other visually impaired young people
- Spend a night away from parents developing key independent living skills
- Grow in confidence
- Try new activities
- Gain all of this while having a fun two days in a supportive, encouraging environment
Who can apply?
You must be:
- Registered or registrable blind or partially sighted
- At least 10 on 16th April 2020
- Aged 13 or under on 17th April 2020
- Willing and physically able to take part in a range of different art and sporty activities
- Able to maintain your own personal hygiene
- Able to independently take medication (if applicable)