Please note, this activity has been postponed and we will update the information once a new date has been confirmed.
Sorry, this activity is now closed for applications.
VICTA is looking for adventurous young adults willing to try out a whole host of water sports, including windsurfing, stand up paddle boarding and kayaking. With lessons from experienced and trained instructors at the water sports school, you will get a taste for a new sport that VICTA will also be able to support you in continuing after the trip.
A VICTA international trip would not be complete without trying some of the local food and exploring the local markets and cultural hotspots.
As ever, VICTA trips are no holiday; you will have an action-packed week of fun and exploration, not only trying new sports and new foods but meeting new people too. If you want to lounge and sunbathe for a week, this is not the trip for you!
- Try a range of different water sports
- Great opportunity to meet other visually impaired young adults
- Grow in confidence through semi-independent travel
- Increase your mobility and independence skills
- To accelerate new friendships
- To enhance own confidence and trust with other individuals
- Gain all of this while having a fun trip in a supportive, encouraging environment
Who can apply?
You must be:
- Registered or registrable blind or partially sighted
- At least 18 years old on 1 June 2020
- Aged 29 or under on 7 June 2020
- Willing and physically able to take part in water sports
- Able to maintain your own personal hygiene
- Able to independently take medication (if applicable)