VICTA and RNC are hosting a Sports Activity Week in February at the RNC campus in Hereford. If you are full of energy and an avid sports lover or you would just like to try something new, come and get involved in VICTA’s Sports Activity Week. This trip will combine many different visually impaired sports, from blind football to cycling to blind cricket. You will also have the opportunity to get stuck into and test yourself at Oaker Wood Outdoor Adventure Centre.
It won’t all be go go go, we will have the opportunity to slow down in the RNC spa and socialise over a game of bowling. Our group will be based at the college, a Further Education College for students with visual impairments.
This promises to be a fun and busy few days – a chance to try new things and develop new skills. The break will be an ideal setting to meet other young people of a similar age group and share experiences.
- A great opportunity to meet other visually impaired young people
- Grow in confidence
- Try and gain skills in many new sports
- Develop new and existing skills such as teamwork, communication and problem solving
- Increase your mobility and independence skills
- Gain all of this while having a fun weekend in a supportive, encouraging environment
Who can apply?
You must be:
- Registered or registrable blind or partially sighted
- At least 14 on 18th February 2020
- Aged 17 or under on 21st February 2020
- Willing and physically able to take part in set sports and outdoor activities designed as a group
- Able to maintain your own personal hygiene
- Able to independently take medication (if applicable)