Sorry, this activity is now closed for applications.
VICTA is looking for young individuals who would like to take a break from the stresses of everyday life. Join us among the patchwork of pines, heathland and broad leaves of Thetford Forest, Norfolk. Themed around wellbeing, the weekend will balance indoor and outdoor activities including yoga, forest walks, arts and crafts and canoeing. Everything has been designed to leave you feeling refreshed and energised.
We will be staying in Thorpe Woodland’s new escape pods: comfortable, cosy and warm, the pods are the perfect backdrop to getting back to nature and taking a break from the hustle and bustle. Camping facilities include campfire circles, outdoor sinks with hot water and modern shower/toilet blocks. We will be making full use of the campfires in the evening, to not only cook our food but to sit around and toast marshmallows.
As ever, VICTA trips are no holiday; you will have a relaxing yet busy weekend, not only trying new activities and experiences but meeting new people too.
- A break from the stresses of everyday life
- Opportunity to try wellbeing activities
- Spend a weekend immersed in nature
- Great opportunity to meet other visually impaired young adults
- Increase your mobility and independence skills
- To accelerate new friendships
- To enhance own confidence and trust with other individuals
- Gain all of this while having a fun trip in a supportive, encouraging environment
Who can apply?
You must be:
- Blind or partially sighted
- At least 18 years old on 13 March 2020
- Aged 29 or under on 16 March 2020
- Willing and physically able to take part in low impact activities
- Able to maintain your own personal hygiene
- Able to independently take medication (if applicable)