Who: 14 to 17 years
When: 19 to 22 October 2018
Location: London, United Kingdom
Closing date: Monday 10 September 2018
VICTA returns to our thriving capital city for a weekend of adventure, history and endless opportunities. Meeting on the Friday 19 October, we will initially enjoy a relaxed evening near our accommodation. The second day will see us set out to explore the varied past of the city, visiting Shakespeare’s Globe for a unique tour of the only building in London with a thatched roof, before venturing down the Thames to the Houses of Parliament.
On day three we will visit the Tate Modern Gallery for a touch tour of some of the exhibits, before heading over to Covent Garden to do some semi-independent travel and shopping. Our final morning will see us leave our hotel and travel to Greenwich to visit and walk over the O2 arena at Up @ The O2!
Departure will be at lunchtime after the final activity, from North Greenwich Tube Station. Accommodation, breakfast and all organised activities will be included in the cost. Attendees will be required to bring spending money to cover lunch, dinner and drinks throughout the trip.
Applications are open now via the form below, please apply before the closing date on Monday 10 September 2018.
For more information call 01908 240831 or email email@example.com.
- Explore the culture and history of London, a vibrant capital city packed with experiences
- A great opportunity to meet other visually impaired people your age
- Grow in confidence through semi-independent travel
- Increase your mobility and independence skills
- Gain all of this while having a fun trip in a supportive, encouraging environment
Who can apply?
You must be:
- Blind or partially sighted
- At least 14 years old on 19 October 2018
- Aged 17 or under on 22 October 2018
- Willing and physically able to take part in walking tours over uneven ground, including steps
- Able to maintain your own personal hygiene
Sorry, applications for this activity have now closed.