Your time matters
Volunteering is a great way to develop your knowledge and make use of your skills while supporting a child or young adult who is visually impaired.
As a VICTA volunteer, you can expect:
• to make a real difference to someone’s life
• to be valued and respected, whoever you are and whatever your background
• to receive a full induction and any necessary training relevant to your volunteer role
• recognition of the skills and experience you bring to the charity
• meet like-minded volunteers and become part of Team VICTA
Benefits of being a volunteer
People choose to volunteer for a variety of reasons. For some, it can be a route to employment or simply a chance to try something new.
As such, volunteering can be a way of:
• gaining new skills, knowledge and experience
• developing existing skills and knowledge
• enhancing a CV
• improving your employment prospects
• using your professional skills and knowledge to benefit others.
For others, volunteering appeals because of its social benefits. It creates:
• an opportunity to meet new people and making new friends
• a chance to socialise
• to gain new experiences.
Regardless of your motivation, you will find volunteering with VICTA both challenging and rewarding.